Our day started a little later than usual....although I was abruptly awakened when it sounded like we were getting ready to take off....and rightfully so....it appears that Chris was trying to be nice and let me sleep longer...so that he could drive the RV to walmart to pick up some supplies (pillows and pillow cases for April to build walls around the front seats for the dogs to lay on and a camera charger because....well, it hadn't made the cut....)....he figured I could just shower while he was shopping....uh, no... that sure did get me out of bed!!! (the bunk bed...seems that by the time I was able to get to sleep the 3 of them had quite literally taken over the bed..none of them willing to move... guess I'm glad I'm small!!!)
The first stop today was at the visitor's center in ME.... this was a pretty quick stop as I soon realized they don't cater to my fast-paced nature....slower is definitely more there speed in there....I grabbed some literature and was out the door....off to Ogunaqit to the Marginal Walkway along the ocean...The dogs were like movie stars.... "what beautiful dogs" is what was repeated over and over again....what can I say, they sure are beautiful...and they loved every minute of it!!!
View of some of the places along the ocean....
Check out these great benches along the rocks where people just sat by the ocean!!!
Lighthouses are a lot smaller than those we saw in the Carolina's.....
Guess who ran right into the ocean?????
After going so far, we decided it was time to turn back and took to the streets to see what we could find in Ogunquit..... Our first stop included not only the police, but a few firefighters.....
Don't text and fly..... (you know who you are...lol!!!)
Then it was time for some work....a trip to the dentist for this pumpkin.......
What beautiful teeth!!!!
Then we jumped back into the RV and headed to Kennebunkport, ME, to visit the summer home of President George Bush, Sr.........
Ocean Avenue
We didn't see any sign of him at his beach estate, however, when we were driving downtown, we did spot him hanging out with a few ghosts..... (I guess we can call it the ghosts of the republican party...from what I heard on the news, Hiliary is gearing up for 2016....)
Then it was time for one of those photos that cause Chris to say...."we went out of our way for this?"....lol...yep, this is the most photographed house in ME...supposed to look like a wedding cake?? I"m not sure, but there was a small litter of dogs out front as we drove by.... how cute!!!!
By this point, I was starving, so we headed back downtown to check out the food options......
Kennebunkport, ME
But first we hit a couple of stores.....
(this one had it all!!!)
This one is meant for Mike....maybe the new cross-fit of State College???
Rococo's Artisian Ice Cream (and frosty paws for the dogs....at home I can get 4/ $2.36 for the puppies....here one was $2!!!)
This wrapped it up for the town of Kennebunkport....time to hit scenic Route 1 in route to Portland, ME......
But not before someone puts on his new sleeping clothes for the night.....






My eyes!!! My eyes!!!!!
ReplyDelete