We started with a 4 hour drive...with ESPN blaring...at least today they have moved on from the whole NCAA penalty thing...to gameday....it was better for the first hour...then they just repeated themselves over and over...I'm starting to figure out why men don't seem to hear what we (women) say, so listen up ladies if you want them to hear what you are saying...first script it....then memorize it...then every hour repeat it....seriously, I think I might try it!!!
As we began our voyage, something became abundantly clear....its becoming winter...and fast.....
We were on the fence as to what we had planned once we arrived...I finally convinced Chris to do the Bretton Woods canopy tour---four hours of descending 1000 feet down 10 zip lines, traversing two swinging bridges, and repelling 65 foot drops.....He was on the fence because as we became closer, it was SNOW (yep, you got that right...SNOW), not rain falling from the sky...winter was here....I personally couldn't wait, but Chris did not pack appropriately for the temps....I know what you are all thinking... he sits outside in colder weather to watch PSU football (several of you can attest to sitting beside him during these games...) but he can't zipline in it???? Don't worry, he did it.....and loved it.....
Now he's ready...they gave him a jacket, gloves, and a hat...and he needed it all!!!
This photo was attempted as we were literally driving up the ski slope in a van....this made the RV seem like the smoothest ride in the world.....he couldn't take the path because of the snow on it....too slippery.....
This was the van....it was like when we went skydiving and the plane wasn't working well...everyone was happy to get out!!!
John and Flossie (I had no problem remembering her name, I bet her dad was a dentist who loved floss!!!) were our guides and they were great!!! There were two other couples with us as well; one from North Carolina and one from Boston...all very nice but the guy from Boston was missing a tooth and the tooth behind it #3 was so decayed....it was so very difficult to talk to him....funny thing--Chris didn't even notice it....how is this possible???
Here comes Chris!!!
Yeah, he's going the wrong way...Chris didn't quite make it across the first zipline and had to pull himself in....a little too interested in trying tricks and not focusing on his proper cannonball position...hehe
Here I come...this is great!!!! (this is what I want to do as my new career...)
first suspension bridge named flora...she likes to sway (named after two showgirls John met in vegas...)
second suspension bridge named fauna...she shimmied side to side...
I could so this all day....
a view from the trees....some of these were built it hemlock trees 350 years old...who knew the oldest hemlock tree was in PA??? (and is PA state tree)
yep, this was a great idea!!!
Chris invented the "magent" move today...
Can you still see him??? He's o...u...t there......
Can you see me way up there???
Unfortunately, this is where the battery died on my camera.....I wish I had some photos of the 65 foot repelling or more of the flying, but I think you have the picture...it was AWESOME!! We've done ziplining a few times before, but this was truly the best!!! (Even considering that by the end, I could not feel my toes!!!)
At this point, it was time to try to find an RV camp that had cable to watch the PSU game versus Ohio State....this was pretty difficult...with the snow that came, most places closed...we spent a good bit of time working on this project before we finally found a KOA that would let us stay and could provide cable and electricity.....according to Chris, the only two things we needed (let me rephrase this.... we didn't need the electricity...we have a generator....)
On our way to the site, we stopped at Screaming Boar Smokehouse for some pulled pork, sweet potato fries, and yummy frozen chocolate pie....
For remaining photos of our evening, please tune to ABC.......so far its not looking so good.....











No comments:
Post a Comment