Vermont Tax Dollars at Work....
We made it to Weston, where the whole town is on the historic register and found the Vermont Country Store, where Chris ate.....and ate....and ate.....they had samples out everywhere and Chris isn't a big shopper so this truly kept him entertained...... (this store was impressive...it had everything from the good old days....from bag balm to soap on a rope....and did I mention food....oh my, my stomach is hurting!!!)
These cookies are pretty good....
Look at this candy.....
This apple butter looks good, too....
Food seems to be a big part of this....
We even had time to take in a game of checkers.....
Then we crossed the street and took in the Christmas Store.....
And another general store....
I love these stores!!!
It was time to head out to the next town, and while I was walking the dogs in the park, a nice lady came over and gave each dog a treat...she said, "something told me this morning I should take two dog treats with me....and I'm so glad I did!!!"
We headed out toward Grafton, in search of yet more food, but on the way were told yet again by Garmin, "Please navigate off road"...you can just imagine the look on Chris' face when he asked me, "do we really have to go here??".....off-roading we went in our RV onto the dirt road, which was really not meant for an RV for a long 10 miles there....and...... a long 10 miles back.....
But, we did find the Grafton Village Cheese Company, where we....ate more...what else?? The dogs especially enjoyed some venison jerky....
And then I asked Chris if we could go check out the ponds....ok, someone is ready to go home....he gave us 5 minutes at the ponds and a very quick glimpse of town....
Manchester, VT, was next on the list....here we did a little more shopping...Orvis is big here....
Then checked out Hildene (the summer house of President Lincoln)....
Before we attempted another sunset hike at Lye Brooke Falls....
someone in this photo could not make it all the way...leg issues....wonder who it was???
one clue...not me!!!
....or us.....
But, alas, we stayed out until the sun had gone away and it was time to hike out (we took a flashlight this time!!!) to get more food...off to Ye' Old Tavern for some awesome Lobster Mac and Cheese....and a dessert they set on fire....it was incredible!!!
Then time to head off to our new home....Walmart for the evening.....












No comments:
Post a Comment