Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Baby, It's Cold Outside.... ( Agusta ME to Bar Harbor ME)



Today we decided to go NO alarm...definitely the way we need to stay--made for a much more pleasant morning...(although, someone turned down the thermostat....we quickly went from 60's to 40's.....it sure is cold outside!!!)  We started out the day with Rayne heading toward the water--since we were only 1/12 people who stayed at the campsite last night, (in the summer they have 1000) we got a prime spot along the lake.....but, don't worry, we didn't take too long...rain was in the air and Chris was determined to get on the road.... (I think he doesn't realize we have windshield wipers on this thing....)

"Let's go Sunny..."

Christmas card??

"Hey, where is everyone going???"

View from our RV....

Next we were off to capture a photo of Maine's capital building in Agusta......


A hike along the Kennebec River Rail Trail was next on the list but was axed due to the threat of rain....and Chris....on we went..... (It's almost like my father-in-law is here?!?!) We took off toward route 1 and headed toward Bar Harbor....Along the way we were going to stop at the Belfast Welcome Center, but it was closed....(these people are a little like Chris... don't like it cold or wet I guess....maybe they should consider the south???)  


Well, even though Chris may not be a big fan of rain, Rayne is really a big fan of his daddy....

"Now I have the best seat in the house...."

Moose Point State Park was planned next for some much needed exercise (remember our day of gluttony???), but it was.....closed.....


As if a gate would stop us..... (or several other people for that matter) I guess I don't understand why they gate state parks....the buildings are locked and the only other thing they have is land... I guess we can thank the government for yet one more brillant decision (tax dollars at good use, right?!?)  Rayne was off and running toward the Atlantic yet again, but this time, Sunny was right by his side (she is not much of a water dog...she might be thinking she could swim home???)




Then it was time for a rest... 


We hiked the trails and with very few people around, the dogs enjoyed being off their leashes again.... 




Our next brief stop was at the Rooster Brother Coffee Roasters to pick up some coffee and cookies before heading to  Bar Harbor, ME.....





After arriving and hitting downtown, I quickly realized that I could live here.... I don't know that the people around here like the other people so much, but they do love DOGS!!! (my line of thinking, exactly!!!)  Dogs here can go shopping, go to the park, and even out to dinner....I'm sold...update your address books...I'm moving!!! 




While touring some of the shops, we ran into....

a lobster.....

a moose....

a man on his cell phone.....

and some friends.....(note the steeler is larger then the eagle, Rose!)

Then we ate dinner at Poor Boy's (where Chris found new heat lamps he is going to buy....)  



And headed to the camp site for the night....early am tomorrow.....

















1 comment:

  1. I now have a new picture on my phone when Chris calls....... We need to talk, give me a call sometime......

    ReplyDelete